AIR FORCE RESERVE OFFICE TRAINING CORPS (AFROTC)
The Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) program is one of the most significant programs in the United States Military. The program is designed to train and develop young individuals who are interested in joining the United States Air Force as officers. The program provides an excellent foundation for students interested in developing leadership skills and gaining foundational knowledge in aerospace science.
University Crosstown Agreement
Air Force ROTC is offered through a formal academic agreement with California State University, Fresno. You enroll as a full-time student pursuing your academic degree plan at UC Merced, while also fulfilling your AFROTC requirements at CSU Fresno – Det 035.
Program Requirements and Eligibility
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 units) at UC Merced
- Enroll in both Leadership Laboratory (LLAB) and Aerospace Studies course
- You must participate in both the Aerospace Studies class and Leadership Lab each semester at CSU Fresno
- Be at least 14 years old (17 for scholarship)
- Have at least 3 academic years remaining to complete your undergraduate degree at the beginning of your first fall term in the program.
- Pass Physical Fitness Requirements
- Maintain a term and cumulative GPA of at least 2.50
Visit the Air Force ROTC Det 035 website for additional eligibility requirements.
Academic Credit for AFROTC courses
Our academic agreement allows you the ability to receive academic credit for the successful competition of courses by the AFROTC at CSU Fresno. UC Merced students will need to request an official transcript from CSU Fresno and have it sent to the Office of the Registrar at UC Merced.
Office of the Registrar
5200 North Lake Road
Merced, CA 95340
Air Force ROTC course information is available here. UC Merced students will enroll, pay and register for AFROTC courses at CSU Fresno.
- Submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing interest in the program.
- Visit wings.holmcenter.com and click on “Apply for AFROTC” (in the ROTC title)
- Attend New Student Orientation with Detachment 035 staff.