The Post 9/11 GI Bill®, effective August 1, 2009, is the most comprehensive educational benefit package since the original GI Bill® was sgined into law.
Served at least 90 aggregate days on active duty after September 10, 2001.
Honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.
If you are interested in transferring your post 9/11 benefits, you can get more information at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Transfer Post-9/11 GI Bill® to Spouse and Dependents webpage.
Veterans can apply for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
1. Submit Certificate of Eligibility (received in the mail from the VA after processing application for benefits) to UC Merced's Veteran Certifying Official.
2. Each semester, the veteran must fill out a Veteran Enrollment Card and submit it to UC Merced's Veteran Certifying Official.
Changes to Schedule
- All changes to the veteran's schedule (major/minor, adds, drops, class cancellations, and/or withdrawals) must be reported to UC Merced's Veteran Certifying Official.
- If you are transferring in from another school you are required to complete and return VA Form 22-1995 to the VA Regional Processing Office.
If a veteran needs a tutor, they should apply for tuitorial assistance.
- Complete form VA Form 22-1990t
- Take form to your professor or instructor of the course for which tutoring was necessary to sign and date the application.
- Take form to UC Merced's Veteran Certifying Official to sign and date the application
- Mail the completed form to VA Regional Processing Office after your tutoring is complete.
- The veteran must be attending at least half-time.
- Contact, negotiation of wages and pay is the veteran's responsibility.
- The veteran is eligible to receive $100 per month, up to $600 per semester and up to $1200 total, for tutor-reimbursement expenses.
UC Merced's Veteran Certifying Official
209-228-7641 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterans Administration Educational Office
Veterans Administration Direct Deposit Information